Your Head Professional here at Barlborough Links Golf Cub is Class AA PGA Qualified Professional, Andy Carnall. Andy has over 30 years experience in the golf industry and specialises in video golf swing analysis. Alongside his Class AA PGA Qualification, Andy is TPI (Titleist Performance Institute) Certified meaning he can carry out fitness screenings specifically for golf.
Andy leads our coaching evenings here every Wednesday evening (and Mondays during Winter).
MONDAY SWING CLINICS
Monday Swing Clinics will run monthly until we have enough light to recommence our Monday competition evenings.
The swing clinic will comprise a 15 minute warm up, a 30 minute video lesson followed by a 15 minute practice afterwards thus giving you a one hour experience of golf practice and tuition working towards perfecting your swing.
What dates are available?
Monday 13th January
Monday 3rd February
Monday 9th March
Monday 6th April
What slots are available?
This is your arrival time for your 15 minute warm up followed by your lesson on the half hour or hour.
How do I book?
- Book your ‘Swing Clinic’ slot by calling in or ringing reception on 01246 813111
- On arrival you will pay the appropriate fee and get a 50 ball basket for the session
- Head to the dedicated ‘warm up’ bay (Bay 10) for a 15 minute warm up
- You will then move into the ‘coaching’ bay (Bay 11) for your 30 minute video swing analysis where Andy will video and analyse your swing. You will be given a written take-away improvement plan and have something to work on immediately
- The last 15 minutes will be spent in the practice bay (Bay 9)
- You will also receive a ‘PMP Card’. PMP means Practice Makes Permanent. One of Andy’s favourite sayings is this – ‘practice crap golf and you’ll become really good at crap golf – practice makes what you are practising permanent, not perfect!’ Your PMP card should be a reminder to practice quality not quantity!
How much will it cost?
£12 full 5/7 day members
£15 Affiliate Members
Price includes 1 x 50 ball basket. Additional baskets can be purchased at the appropriate rate.
Practice outside your Swing Clinic experience is in the remaining range bays – there may be a wait at busy times.
MONDAY JUNIOR FREE COACHING
FREE coaching for kids aged 6+ from 4:30 – 5:30pm every Monday during term time.
Simply bring your child to the range, buy a basket of balls from Reception and let our Head Pro, Andy Carnall have a look at their golf.
If they’ve never played before then Andy will set them up correctly and get them swinging a golf club.
We have free to use kids clubs available for the session, but please be aware that if you visit the range at any other time for your child/ren to practice, equipment is available to hire at a cost of £1 (plus refundable deposit) for 2 clubs if your child doesn’t have a set of golf clubs. Baskets range from £2 for 25 balls to £5 for 70 balls.
This is a drop in session where Andy will see everyone in turn – there is no need to book and no ongoing commitment. We will ask you to complete a consent form with contact details so we can contact you if the session is cancelled and so we can take photographs of the sessions for marketing purposes.
We could potentially have a lot of children on the range at this time – driving ranges and golf courses can be potentially dangerous environments, especially for those who aren’t used to being in a golfing environment.
– This activity is suitable for kids age 6+ only
– Children must be supervised and behave appropriately at all times
– Adult supervision will be required on the range for all participating kids aged 6 – 12 at a ratio of 2 children:1 adult. The participating children must be in bays next to each other or sharing one bay (strictly only 1 child in the bay at any time). We do not recommend bringing non-golfing siblings under 12 as you will need to actively supervise participating children
– The gravel area in front of the range is out of bounds at all times – please do not allow children to step out onto the gravel under any circumstances
– Hire equipment and golf balls for the session will be issued by the Receptionist or Coach
– Please keep children off the practice putting green unless they have been asked to practice there by the Coach
– Anyone deemed by our Coach to be endangering or affecting the enjoyment of others will be asked to leave.
We want your child/ren to enjoy learning to play this fantastic sport in a safe, fun learning environment, hence the need for strict age limits and safety rules.
WEDNESDAY FREE COACHING
Wednesday evening from 6pm – 7:30pm (last baskets 7pm) is free coaching night. Buy a basket of balls from Reception and let Andy take a look at your golf swing at no extra cost!
Andy also has a variety of paid lesson packages available for adults and children. Prices below:
Andy Carnall Golf Coaching
Golf lesson including balls
£22.50 (half hour)
Video computer swing analysis
£45 (1 hr)
1 hour playing lesson including green fee
4 x lesson block including balls
£75 (half hour)
Affiliate members of BLGC also receive 25% off the above prices. The charge for Affiliate Membership is £10 for membership to 31/12/22. You can join anytime by filling in an online form here – you will need an email address. Once you have completed the form you will get a reference number which you need to take to Reception where you will pay your £10 and have your photo taken for your membership card.
Gift vouchers are available if you wish to purchase a lesson or lesson package as a gift.
Andy can be contacted directly by submitting the form below, or by telephone on 0798 938 7841, or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andy carries out club repairs including regrips from £5 per club.