We have a beautiful feature pond here at Barlborough Links Golf Club that is open daily from 8am – 8pm (gates locked at 8:30pm) for carp fishing.
We have two fishing memberships here, however if you would like to ‘try before you buy’, you can fish the pond for one day at a cost of £6 – this is a one-off session per person after which you must either join as an Affiliate or Full member. Please call Reception on 01246 813111 to book a trial session.
Full Fishing Memberships are available at a cost of £160 per year – you can join by competing our membership form here. You will need a valid email address to complete this form, your fishing licence number and you will need to come to Reception to have your photo taken for your membership card and to pay.
If you don’t fish enough to warrant purchasing a full fishing membership, you must join our Affiliate Membership to be able to fish on a day ticket. It costs just £10 for a membership card up to 31 December 2022 and gives you immediate access to affiliate member rates on driving range, The Links Course, FootGolf and coffee shop. You can join by filling in our membership form here – you will need a valid email address, your fishing licence number and you will need to come to Reception to have your photo taken for your membership card and to pay.
All fishing pegs must be booked in advance either in person at Reception or by phoning Reception on 01246 813111.
Terms & Conditions of Membership to Barlborough Links Golf Club Fishing
- Payment must be made in full by cash or cheque with bankers card
- Only annual or affiliate members of Barlborough Links Golf Club are permitted to fish. Membership cards are not transferable – anyone found transferring membership cards to non-members will have their membership terminated immediately, with no refund of membership fee
- You must provide your Environmental/Rod Licence details upon joining
- You must bring your membership card with you on every visit and produce it for inspection when asked by Barlborough Links Golf & Leisure Ltd (BLG&L Ltd) staff or nominated official/bailiff
- Bailiffs make random checks and anyone found breaking the Terms & Conditions or Rules of Fishing will be asked to leave and have membership revoked.
- Affiliate members and member guests will be issued with a receipt following payment. Please keep this with you and produce it for inspection if requested by any of our staff and/or our nominated official/bailiff
- You will have an ID photograph taken which will be stored on our system and checked on every visit until you become known to Reception & Admin staff
- Under 16’s must be joined by a parent/guardian
- Advance booking is required – please call 01246 813111 to book a peg up to 7 days in advance for Full members, or 5 days in advance for Affiliate members
- Prices may be subject to change at any time and at the discretion of BLG&L Ltd
- Full annual Members are allowed to bring one paying guest, by appointment in advance and at the discretion of BLG&L Ltd. Current guest rate (£6) will apply. Affiliate Members are not allowed to bring guests
- All Fishing Affiliate Members must pay the daily rate (currently £6) in Reception (open from 8am daily). This is for 2 rods – additional rods charged at £2 per rod.
- Spectators/Mates/Family – we are an Angler Only pond for everyones safety, security and enjoyment. If you bring anyone not fishing, they will be charged the same day rate (currently £6), payable on arrival (also applies to night fishing).
- All members must have a current environment licence and have it available for inspection when asked by BLG&L Ltd staff
- Anglers must fish the 8 designated pegs only
- No barbecues or open fires allowed
- No cutting or clearing of undergrowth, reeds, weed or lily pad etc without permission from a Director of BLG&L Ltd
- All fish are to be returned to the lake immediately (or after photography) using a sling, unhooking mat or landing net
- Barbless hooks only – maximum size 8
- You must use a minimum breaking strain of mainline 12lb and minimum 6lb hook link
- No rigs using multiple hooks allowed
- No treble hooks allowed
- You must use minimum 42” landing net
- You must have a carp care kit and unhooking mat (min dimensions 36″ x 24″ x 2″)
- Free running feeders only
- Floating bait to be used on hook only and not as feed – no particle bait except for sweetcorn, hemp & carp pellets
- No bait to be thrown into the pond at the end of the days fishing. No bait in cans or tins
- All litter to be taken away at the end of the day – there are bins in the car park
- No night fishing without permission from a Director of BLG&L Ltd and you must have your own fully comprehensive insurance policy (which includes personal and public liability), a copy of which must be given to BLG&L Ltd annually.
- First angler out must collect the life ring which must be visible and accessible during the fishing opening hours. Reception opens at 8am daily for collection of the life ring. Last angler of the day will return it to Reception
- Fishing opening hours are 8:00am until 8pm (gate locked at 8:30pm) – fishing outside these hours is strictly by permission of a Director of BLG&L Ltd
- Members are allowed to bring one paying guest, by appointment in advance and at the discretion of BLG&L Ltd. Current guest rate (£6) will apply
‘Session’ Times/Opening Hours
Pond opening hours are 8am to 8pm (gates locked at 8:30pm).
8am – 8pm counts as one day session.
8pm – 8am counts as one night session.
IMPORTANT – Arrival outside these times will incur an additional session charge (for example, fishing overnight from 4pm Friday to 10am Saturday is 3 sessions – £18. Fishing overnight Friday from 8pm to 11am Saturday is 2 sessions – £12).
Please remember, to night fish here you will need to give us a copy of your public and personal liability insurance. We are only insured for ‘day’ fishing.
There is a fishing Facebook group where you can share photos and get to know your fellow anglers – please note you need to book pegs through Reception either in person or on 01246 813111 and not through the Facebook page which is not actively monitored by any of our staff.
We hope you enjoy your time fishing here at Barlborough Links Golf Club.